SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR UPDATE FORM
The online form is below this section.
Also you can download and print a form to send by mail or for your records HERE.)
Dear Spiritual Director,
We greatly appreciate you and your service to WestShore DeColores Ministries. We are a family, a unique interfaith community, and you are such a vital part.
The Spiritual Director position on the team is unique. There are more qualifications to be a Spiritual Director than any other team position. Because of your calling and training, we look to you to help lay sound doctrinal foundations in your talks, to help build community in the team, and to provide counseling to the team and candidates.
Because the number of Spiritual Directors is limited, it is very important for us to keep up to date with your personal information as well as any changes to the qualification requirements. Within WestShore DeColores, qualified Spiritual Directors fall into one of two categories – “A” or “B”. The excerpt from the bylaws explaining these two categories is below for your information. We are required by our bylaws to have at least one “A” Spiritual Director on each weekend.
Thank you again for your service! You are loved and appreciated! DeColores!
BYLAWS CONCERNING SPIRITUAL DIRECTORS:
B. Spiritual Director. A list of spiritual directors, pre-
1. Anyone serving as a Spiritual Director must have completed a DeColores Ministries or substantially similar weekend in the Cursillo tradition as a candidate for the purpose of experiencing and familiarizing him/herself with the dynamics and flow of the DeColores Ministries weekend.
2. Educational requirements:
a. At least one (1) of the Spiritual Directors must have successfully completed theological training in accordance with his/her denomination, and be ordained, or the equivalent, by his/her denomination.
b. One (1) of the Spiritual Directors can serve:
1. Prior to completing the educational requirements of his/her denomination provided he/she is actively pursuing that end and has served or is presently serving in a spiritual capacity in a congregation of his/her denomination for a period of six (6) months prior to being asked to work a weekend,
2. If he/she has served successfully in a spiritual capacity as a pastor of an organized Christian church for a minimum of three (3) years within the last five (5) years.
3. All Spiritual Directors SHALL subscribe to the Nicene, Apostles, and Athanasian Creeds in accordance with the Preamble of these bylaws.
Spiritual Director Information Update Form